Promotech Inc. Career Opportunities
Promotech Inc., a leading Barbados based and highly established IT company is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager, with proficiency in coordinating internal and external business operational excellence and managing staff for optimum performance. The general manager is responsible for the entire company and staff, its retail and corporate clientele and directing and coordinating activities for all departments such as operations, sales, HR, marketing and client/vendor accounts. Via an optimal blend of a hands on approach and smart delegation the GM must proactively report to and aid the CEO in doing what it takes to ensure constant innovation and growth for the company. Some of the major job requirements are:
• Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated. We are nothing without our team.
• Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers, vendors and management. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done on time every time. Meeting deadlines is imperative.
• Customer Service Management: Without our customers nothing else matters. Keeping staff highly motivated and happy while providing exceptional customer service is essential.
• Sales Driven: You will be managing a corporate sales team which caters to every type of corporate customer in Barbados (small, medium, large, Government and offshore). You are required to manage key accounts personally.
You will also be managing the company’s retail stores operations to ensure their profitability and success.
• Math and Budgeting: General managers are expected to create, keep and maintain a budget, as well as make projections based on previous expenditures. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going. Cost management and efficiency is key.
• Analytical Skills: You will be in charge of overseeing the hiring of new employees, and being a good judge of character will help ensure that you hire the right people to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
• Decision-Making Skills: The buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, top executives or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
• Speaking and Writing: General managers are required to communicate clearly and effectively. This might be in negotiations with contractors, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with other management. You might be called upon to write reports and recommendations. Having great verbal communication and writing skills is of the utmost importance.
• Actions speak louder than words: Let’s make IT happen together!
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent would be an asset.
• Overall experience is an absolute must
• “Out of the box” type marketing experience
• Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
• Project management expertise
• Knowledge of strategic planning
• Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
• Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of office administrative procedures
• Proficient in relevant software applications
The performance of this position requires exposure to all areas of the business. The position requires working in and out of the office, attending meetings, representing the company, socializing, liaising with clients, leading the staff, managing weekly and monthly meetings to make sure all areas of the business are running smoothly and there is open ended communication company wide to provide excellent above and beyond customer satisfaction. Occasional out of country travel is required.
Kindly email applications to